Thanks for stopping by and joining us for the
Handmade Ornament Series
This week we are sharing last minute ornament ideas for the season
I am thrilled to welcome our next guest,
Beckie from Infarrantly Creative
Cheap Dollar Tree spoons are the perfect beginning project to try out metal stamping. You can stamp any message into the spoon or take it a step further with a silhouette spoon ornament with a hand stamped name.
Dollar Tree Teaspoons (2 for $1)
Alphabet Metal Stamp Set (I got mine from Beaducation)
Vinyl with Silhouette Cameo (optional)
Metal polish with soft cloth
1. Dollar Tree has a couple of different patterns of teaspoons. Grab whichever one you like.
2. Using a heavy hammer press your stamp firmly into the spoon and hit the stamp hard (no more than twice) onto your anvil.
3. Once your message is stamped in draw over the writing with a black Sharpie marker. With a soft cloth and metal polish buff the spoons shiny. The black Sharpie will stay in the stamp and give it more definition.
4. Using brut force (it isn’t hard, I promise) bend your spoon at the neck. Tie a ribbon around the neck and hang it on your tree.
5. Optional – using your Silhouette Cameo machine cut out a silhouette of your child with vinyl and then stick it onto your spoon. It is a great way to freeze a moment in time.
♦ For more inspiring projects and crafts, visit Infarrantly Creative♦
Beckie can also be found on Facebook ♦ and Twitter