This post brought to you by Sargento Foods, Inc.. All opinions are 100% mine.
Classic Sandwich Skewer Recipes | Over the summer Butch and I have been working on being more conscious about our food choices. Since our little guy has a feeding tube, and does not eat, it is quite hard for us to even get excited about sitting down to eat – which, honestly, we do not even take the time to do. A quick bite here and there has been our ‘normal’ routine for the past year.
One change that has helped us the most is menu planning. Having meals set up and readily available has made it a lot easier for us to take the time and stop to savor recipes the way they are suppose to be enjoyed.
Lunch is one of our biggest problems as once we get going for the day, it’s pretty hard for us to stop. Over the past couple of months I have gotten in the habit of having some ‘real’ lunch choices prepared and ready to go. This has given Butch the motivation he has needed to by-pass the drive-thru during his mid-day breaks. For myself, it has given me some better food choices at home – rather than just grabbing something to snack on.
Sandwiches on a stick are one of our current favorites. They are quick and easy to prepare and can be customized to anyone’s liking. I started making sandwich skewers because Butch has never been a big fan of packed soggy, squished bread lunches. The skewers keep everything in tack and help prevent any juices from being soaked into the bread.
I have two sandwich skewer recipes to share today – teaming up with Sargento in an effort to encourage you to Take a Real Lunch. With over thirty different varieties, each cut from real block cheese, Sargento Natural Sliced Cheeses are a great way to add flavor options to your hand-crafted sandwiches.
Classic Club Skewer
- 2 Slices of White Bread
- 4 Slices of Deli Turkey
- 4 Slices of Sargento Natural Blends Cheddar-Mozzarella
- 4 Grape Tomatoes
- 2 Green Leaf Lettuce Leaves
- 4 Slices of Bacon, cooked
- 2 (12 inch) Bamboo Skewers
- 2 Tablespoons of Stoneground Mustard
- Cut each slice of bread into quarters.
- Cut the turkey, cheese & tomato slices into quarters.
- Thread the meat, cheese, bacon, rolled lettuce and tomatoes onto the bamboo skewers.
- Serve mustard on the side for dipping.
Cold Cut Sandwich Skewers
- 2 Mini French Steak Rolls
- 2 Slices of Deli Turkey
- 2 Slices of Deli Ham
- 2 Slices of Deli Salami
- 2 Slices of Sargento Natural Provolone
- ½ of a Tomato, sliced
- ½ of a Roasted Red Pepper, sliced
- 2 Green Leaf Lettuce Leaves
- 2 (10 inch) Skewers
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Red Wine Vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons of Fresh Oregano (or 1 Tablespoon of Dried)
- Cut the steak roll in half, lengthwise, then cut each half into quarters.
- Cut the deli meat, tomato & roasted red pepper slices into quarters.
- Cut the sliced provolone in half.
- Thread the meat, cheese, roasted red peppers, rolled lettuce and tomatoes onto the skewers.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, vinegar and oregano.
- Serve the olive oil mixture on the side for dipping.
It’s time to take back your lunch hour and Take a Real Lunch!